Thursday 30 April 2015

Happy Birthday to me! Part 2, yarny things

Earlier this month I had a birthday, and was given lots of wonderful yarny things.

Cuddlebums yarn
I've been eyeing Cuddlebums yarn for a few months now, Jodi dyes the most amazing rainbow yarn, and she happened to have a rainbow market night a few weeks before my birthday so I asked my sister (very nicely) if she might buy me some Cuddlebums yarn. And she obliged, sending me two beautiful sock-weight skeins.

The top skein is pale melted crayon, the second is a double rainbow - one pastel rainbow and one bright rainbow in the same skein, very clever and very beautiful.



I also added an extra skein to the order, twilight rainbow, where half the skein is a rainbow and the other half is purple (my favourite colour).


As you can imagine I am very excited about getting started with this yarn, I just have to get a couple of other things done first.

Drops Delight
My other sister is also aware of my current love of sock weight yarn, so sent me some surprise yarn, Drops Delight in Turquoise/purple print. The colours are perfect, and I think this will become a shawl as I'm not sure about knitting socks in single ply yarn.


Stitch markers
One of my Monday night knitters bought me an unexpected present, a lovely quirky set of fruit stitch markers from Crafty Cat on Etsy. I am looking forward to using these, and need to find a pattern with lots of lace repeats so I can use them all at once!


A uni friend who lives in Cumbria sent me these gorgeous daffodil stitch markers from Wychwood Dreams. They're going to be perfect for mid-winter knitting when I need a little sunshine!


Project bag
The aforementioned Monday night knitter has a friend who makes beautiful project bags, so I requested one from my sister in law who sent me this fab yarn print bag. Isn't it gorgeous! It's also really roomy and very well made. I love it!


Thank you to everyone who sent me good wishes, presents and cards. Two more birthday posts to go, and there might even be a bake and a competition to go with them...


2 comments:

  1. I love that project bag! My various projects are currently being kept in those useful organza bags from Wool Warehouse orders...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous isn't it! I do have a lot of project bags, and yes, loads of the organza bags from Wool Warehouse.

      Delete