I haven't completed much this month, but the blanket for my sister's baby is complete, and I love it! The cables came out exactly as I wanted and I'm delighted with it. It's now been wrapped and posted off, so hopefully my sister's family like it as much as I do.
Works in progress
My first socksYes, I've been banging on about them for a couple of weeks now (see here and here), but they're making pretty good progress!
That wedding blanket
Still in progress, but the main body is done! I now just need to darn in the 300+ ends and do the border.
Creative yarn accounting
- 100 g sock yarn
- 400 g aran weight yarn for a blanket for a friend's baby
- 100 g DK weight yarn for a commission
- 132 g acrylic yarn that was 'free' with a magazine (the magazine was an old issue, so I got it for 50p, bargain! I bought it for the yarn, but there are loads of lovely patterns inside, so it was an actual bargain!)
- 40 g sport-weight yarn free with Knit Now. I subscribe, so totally not my fault!
- 200 g from Devon Sun Yarns - I finally signed up for their yarn club, which accounts for 100 g, the other 100 g was some sock yarn I couldn't resist, it's beautiful! Should arrive early this month, I'm very excited about getting to squish it!
- 302 g for Pargetry (and I used the rest of the ball for swatching, so I could probably count it as more)
+670 g. Oops, so much for new year, new start.
Aims for February
- Finish that blanket - this is the month!
- Look out all the unfinished projects hiding upstairs and finish or frog them; encouraged by the Knitting for Boys group on Ravelry,* February is officially WIPs month
- Finish my first sock