Thursday 11 August 2016

Shake it up mitts

It's the summer holidays and things are crazy busy, but I have just managed to add my Shake It Up mitts pattern to my Ravelry store. And until August 18th 2016 it's available at the bargain price of £2, including VAT, where applicable.*


The original sample (above) was knitted in Aretsano yarns alpaca blend DK, a lovely cozy yarn that came in a beautiful selection of handpaiinted colourways. Unfortunately Artesano recently went into recievership, so I have knitted a second sample in Patons Extrafine Merino DK Colour (below), which has beautiful stitch definition.


This pattern will work in any DK weight yarn, and is especially good for hand dyed variegated colourways. My testers knitted some beautiful examples (below), I am espeically excited by Aleximmie's bright yellow mitts, aren't they cheerful!

Mitts in Madelinetosh DK Twist, knitted by Aleximmie. Image copyright Aleximmie.
Adina (RainFallGirl on Ravelry) knitted her test mitts in record quick time (I think she was done within 24 hours of my posting the test notice!). I really like the colours in her yarn choice (Skeino Splendid in Peacock; below).

Adina knitted her mitts in Skeino Splendid in Peacock. Image copyright RainFallGirl.
Hope you enjoy knitting your mitts. I would love to see what your finished projects, either here or on Ravelry - just link your project to the pattern page. Happy knitting!

*After this the price will increase to £3.60.

No comments:

Post a Comment