Thursday 16 June 2016

New pattern: Busy Buzzy Bumble Bee

Last autumn my friend had a baby. I have been friends with her since I was two, so it was only right that I knitted something really special for her newborn. I had already knitted a large blanket (my Nature's Way blanket) for her first child, and decided that I wanted to knit a smaller blanket that had something in common with the first, so went for a bright bumble bee knitted on a bright green background.

Busy Buzzy Bumble Bee

I loved knitting this pattern. The chunky weight yarn means it knits up quickly, and the intarsia is straightforward, which large blocks of colour. I stitched the trail on at the end using duplicate stitch, which is a great technique for very small blocks of colour, or lines of single stitches, and saves a few ends!

Running on a theme: Nature's Way was given to the new baby's older brother when he was born

The pattern (Busy Buzzy Bumble Bee) is available now in my Ravelry store, and is included in my storewide sale - all patterns have 30% off until the end of June. Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment