Saturday 21 November 2015

Indie Design GAL 2015: What to knit? Mitts

Here's my round up of my favourite knits for hands from the Indie Design GAL 2015. Lots of lovely things to knit!

Ballydesmond by Irish Girlie Knits
Long, warm cabled mitts. These are really appealing to me. If I find the time, I will definitely be knitting a pair of these.

Ballydesmond, image copyright Irish Girlie Knits Designs

No, Your Other Left by Kirsten McTeer
I love these. I am one of those people who cannot tell their left from their right. Just can't. No more questions please.

No, Your Other Left, image copyright Kirsten McTeer

Frankenfingers by Elizabeth Green Musselman
I love self-striping sock yarns, and showing them off as mitts sounds like a good use for them.

Frankenfingers, image copyright Elizabeth Green Musselman

Beeswax Mitts by Amy van de Laar
A pretty stitch pattern, and look at the photography styling!

Beeswax mitts, image copyright Amy van de Laar


Fission by Annika Barranti
Beautiful elegant long mitts, these are properly ladylike.

Fission, image copyright Vivian Aubrey
First snow mittens by Aet Terasmaa
Pretty stranded mitts. These will be lovely and cosy; the snowflakes are very pretty.

First snow mittens, image copyright Aet Terasmaa

Twit Twoo: Owl Flip Top Mitts
Last but not least, I designed these mitts a couple of years ago, and every time my mum sees them she requests a pair. Maybe this year is her lucky year!



Has anyone cast anything on for the GAL yet? All the patterns featured here are available with 25% off using the code giftalong2015 until Friday 27th November 2015, 23.59 EST. For more information or to join in the fun, head to the Indie Design Gift-A-Long group on Ravelry.*

*You must be signed into Ravelry for this link to work.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment