Thursday 1 October 2015

A month in yarn: September yarn

What's that? A monthly update at the right time of the month? Yes it is! Here's what I've been up to in September, crafting-wise.

Finished
Vest and hat for a friend's baby


Commissioned shawl (top secret)
Commissioned cowl (no photos allowed yet) 
Commissioned lace cowl (no photos yet)

WIPs
Whale blanket
Almost there! Just a little bit more seaming and the border to go
 
Bee blanket
At the minute it just looks green. And the baby is here already!

Wiggly worm blanket
For my son. In all the colours!

 
Twilight rainbow Zigzagular socks 
Gorgeous yarn from Cuddlebums, I wanted something new and I love them

 
Striped shawl for a friend
Using the Ex boyfriends pattern in DK weight and making it up as I go along


Watermelon striped socks for my daughter
Half way through the first sock and I've stalled... The yarn is from Hand Dyed by Kate
 

Hermione's everyday socks
No progress this month

Charity mitred blanket
No progress this month, although I did finally post three baby blankets I finished last year to charity, and donated a pile of squares to be incorporated into a charity blanket, so I don't feel too bad
 
A cardigan for my daughter
Yes, still got the sleeves to go

Melodie shawl
No progress this month
 
Yarn in
300g yarn from Unbelieva-wool (there was a sale)
200g Unbelieva-wool yarn club
550g yarn from Yarndale

Yarn out
85g for shawl
71g hat and vest
86g for cowl 1
126g for cowl 2
About 1kg of oddments got donated to my son's school. I didn't weigh the bag, but it did get rid of lots of bits I was never going to use!

Yarny maths
Probably about even this month after donating some bits and bobs and finishing a few things. But this month I realised how much my yarn stash weighs, so I'm going to focus on using stuff up over the next few months.
 
Plans for October   
Finish up the socks on my WIP list - it will be Socktober after all!

The children need hats. And so do I.

Use 5 kilos of yarn before I buy any more (or drown in yarn) - I've already failed in this as I've just won some yarn from Mothy and the Squid, which I am unbelievably excited about! Isn't it gorgeous?

My prize yarn. Image copyright Jillian Gabrielsen (@jillian.gabrielsen on Instagram)
 

1 comment:

  1. Love the watermelon socks, obviously. And well done for winning the competition!

    ReplyDelete