Friday 14 November 2014

Indie Design Gift-A-Long 2014, an introduction

Today marks the start of the Indie Design Gift-A-Long 2014 (GAL2014), of which I am very excited to be a part! So let's start by letting you all know what the GAL2014 entails.

The GAL2014 is a two month long knit- and crochet-a-long (KAL and CAL) being run by a group of independent designers on Ravelry in the run-up to Christmas. From 8pm (EST) 13 November 2014 to 11.59 pm (EST) 21 November 2014, 293 independent designers will be offering 25% off between 4-20 of their patterns by using the code giftalong2014. All the details, including a list of participating designers can be found here (you'll need to be a member of Ravelry for this link to work. If you're interested in knitting or crochet and are not already a member, go and join, you won't regret it!). I'm offering 25% off all of the patterns in my Ravelry store, except those that cost £1 (and you can get all my £1 patterns at the same time by buying the pattern for my Nature's Way baby blanket). Patterns included in the sale can also be browsed though on the group's board on Pinterest.



Once you’ve bought your GAL patterns, you can join in any of the relevant KAL/CALs in the GAL2014 group (e.g. if you were thinking of knitting my Apple for Teacher hat, you'd join the hat KAL/CAL). All you need to do is write a post in the KAL/CAL thread you want to join, including the pattern name you will be knitting and a link to your project page; once you've posted in the appropriate thread you'll be eligible for lots of lovely prizes, including 1866 free patterns from participating designers! I'll be cheering anyone knitting one of my patterns along within the threads; I'd love to see other people's finished objects.

KAL/CALs will run from Thursday, November 13 at 8pm (US-EST) through to close of play on New Years Eve [Wednesday, December 31 at midnight (US-EST)], which should give you plenty of time to get involved.

On your marks…get set…. GIFT!! I hope you can join in the fun, I'm looking forward to taking part, both as a designer and a knitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment