Tuesday 14 July 2015

A month in knitting: June 2015

It's been a while, sorry! Being back at work has completely thrown me. I've been doing lots of swatching for submissions, and ploughing on with baby blankets, but once I've spent half a day at a computer for work, and the other half of the day trying to keep the family and house in order I barely have time to breathe, let alone blog. So here, belatedly, is my yarny summary for June.

Finished
A very enjoyable project, perfect for a single skein of pretty sock yarn.
 

Dinosaur blanket
A present for a friend's new baby. I finished it about half an hour after the baby arrived. And I've left writing this post so long that I can even show you a picture as I have met the lovely little baby and he has recieved the blanket.
 

WIPs
Hermione's everyday socks
The socks of the broken needles. I cast these on for May's SKA Sockdown challenge and have obviously failed to finish them on time.


I might be up to about five squares now. The baby is due at the end of July, so I'd better get knitting.


They have heels, but the feet are taking ages!


Charity mitred blanket
Using up the leftovers from the dinosaur blanket (I over-bought by a bit. Quite a bit).

A cardigan for my daughter
A new pattern I'm working on. It's looking pretty so far.

Ruffle skirt for a friend's daughter
The second one of these that I've made, it'll be going to a friend's daughter for her third birthday. I thought it was finally time to use up some of the ruffle yarn from the stash.

Yarn in
A little disappointing as yarn parcels go

 

400g sock yarn from eBay
Lovely stripy sock yarn, and it's thicker than usual, so I should be able to make some slightly speedier socks than sometimes

150g 4ply for swatching for a submission
50g more 4ply for a swatching for a submission when I decided the original colour wasn't quite right!
And I ran out of time to make the actual swatch...

100g to swatch another idea
Thicker yarn, so I got this swatch done!

200g ruffle yarn
No, I don't learn!

Yarn out
119g Hitchhiker
564g dinosaur blanket
 
+367g. I don't learn, do I?

Plans for July
Get the WIP list down a bit. Six projects on the go is too many.

1 comment: